17th December 2021.
Creating or updating a webhook with a password in Ava Aware would cause the password to appear in the audit logs.
- Ava Aware:
- All Stable upgrade channel versions before 4.3.4.
- All Beta upgrade channel versions before 4.4.1.
- Ava Aware:
- All Stable upgrade channel versions after and including 4.3.4.
- All Beta upgrade channel versions after and including 4.4.1.
- Ava Cameras: all versions.
- Ava Cloud: all versions.
This issue has been fixed in Ava Aware Beta upgrade channel version 4.4.1 and Stable upgrade channel version 4.3.4.
It is crucial that all installations running an affected version are upgraded to the latest release as soon as possible. Releases are available to download through the Ava Aware User Interface.
We suggest that you rotate your webhook passwords after upgrading to an unaffected version of Ava Aware.
For on-premise deployments we also suggest that you clear your audit logs by accessing the Ava Aware SSH console and running the command:
vplat# advanced clear-logs audit
- CVE: pending
- CVSSv3 score: 9.1 (Critical)
- CVSSv3 vector: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
There are no known mitigations for this issue.
There are no known work arounds for this issue.
Issue found internally by Ava Security.
- 16/11/2021 Issue found internally by Ava Security
- 16/11/2021 Root cause established
- 16/11/2021 Fix identified
- 17/11/2021 Patched Ava Aware (Beta upgrade channel) released
- 17/11/2021 Preliminary vulnerability advisory published
- 18/11/2021 Patched Ava Aware (Stable upgrade channel) released
- 17/12/2021 Vulnerability publicly disclosed