17th December 2021.
Webhook passwords were included in the Camera log bundle.
- Ava Cameras:
- All Stable upgrade Channel versions before 4.3.4.
- All Beta upgrade channel versions before 4.4.1.
- Ava Aware: all versions.
- Ava Cameras:
- All Stable upgrade channel versions after and including 4.3.4.
- All Beta upgrade channel versions after and including 4.4.1.
- Ava Cloud: all versions.
This issue has been fixed in Ava Camera Beta upgrade channel version 4.4.1 and Stable upgrade channel version 4.3.4.
It is crucial that all Ava Camera installations running an affected version upgrade to the latest release as soon as possible. Releases are available to download through the Ava Aware User Interface for Ava managed cameras and the Ava Camera User Interface for unmanaged Ava cameras.
We suggest that you rotate your webhook passwords after upgrading to an unaffected version of the Camera.
- CVE: pending
- CVSSv3 score: 9.1 (Critical)
- CVSSv3 vector: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H
There are no known mitigations for this issue.
There are no known work arounds for this issue.
Issue found internally by Ava Security.
- 16/11/2021 Issue found internally by Ava Security
- 16/11/2021 Root cause established
- 16/11/2021 Fix identified
- 17/11/2021 Patched Ava Cameras (Beta upgrade channel) released
- 17/11/2021 Preliminary vulnerability advisory published
- 18/11/2021 Patched Ava Cameras (Stable upgrade channel) released
- 17/12/2021 Vulnerability publicly disclosed