29th March 2021
If users have the Access Control integration enabled, in the Users -> Roles dialog, there's a toggle called 'All permissions' that allows users to provide or revoke all access control permissions to specific roles.
Changing it and clicking 'Done' doesn't actually update the underlying role due to a user interface bug, and the user is not informed about the failure either. This also means if the 'All permissions' toggle has been turned on, it is not possible to turn it off to revoke permissions through the Ava Aware user interface.
- Ava Aware:
- All Stable upgrade channel versions between 3.5.0 and 3.5.4 inclusive.
- All Beta upgrade channel versions between 3.5.0 and 3.5.4 inclusive.
- All Stable upgrade channel versions before 3.5.0
- All Stable upgrade channel versions after and including 3.5.5
- All Beta upgrade channel versions before 3.5.0
- All Beta upgrade channel versions after and including 3.6.0
Ava Cameras: all versions.
- Ava Cloud: all versions.
This issue has been fixed in Ava Aware Beta upgrade channel version 3.6.0 and Stable upgrade channel version 3.5.5.
It is recommended that all installations running an affected version are upgraded to the latest release as soon as possible. It is also advisable to verify that the permissions mentioned above have been set as intended. Releases are available to download through the Ava Aware User Interface.
- CVE: Pending
- CVSSv3 score: 3.5 Low
- CVSSv3 vector: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:L
There are no known mitigations for this issue.
There are no known work arounds for this issue.
Issue found internally by Ava Security.
- 21/03/2021 Issue found internally by Ava Security
- 21/03/2021 Root cause established
- 21/03/2021 Fix identified
- 25/03/2021 Patched Ava Aware (Beta upgrade channel) released
- 29/03/2021 Patched Ava Aware (Stable upgrade channel) released
- 29/03/2021 Vulnerability publicly disclosed