Ava-345: Permissions not enforced for certain Ava Aware alarm APIs
10th December 2020.
An Ava Aware user without the appropriate permissions could retrieve all alarms and could mark alarms raised by Counts and Access rules as acknowledged.
- Ava Aware:
- All Stable upgrade channel versions before 3.2.4.
- All Beta upgrade channel versions before 3.3.0.
- Ava Aware:
- All Stable upgrade channel versions after and including 3.2.4.
- All Beta upgrade channel versions after and including 3.3.0.
- Ava Cameras: All versions.
- Ava Cloud: All versions
This issue has been fixed in Ava Aware Beta upgrade channel version 3.3.0 and Stable upgrade channel version 3.2.4.
We recommend that all installations running an affected version upgrade to the latest release as soon as possible. Releases are available to download through the Ava Aware User Interface.
- CVE: Pending
- CVSSv3 score: 5.4 (Medium)
- CVSSv3 vector: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:N
There are no known mitigations for this issue.
There are no known work arounds for this issue.
Issue found internally by Ava Security.
- 08/12/2020 Issue found internally by Ava Security
- 09/12/2020 Root cause established
- 09/12/2020 Fix identified
- 10/12/2020 Patched Ava Aware (Beta upgrade channel) released
- 10/12/2020 Patched Ava Aware (Stable upgrade channel) released
- 10/12/2020 Vulnerability publicly disclosed